Help - acid wash done correctly

Kcav

Apr 15, 2017
Sacramento, CA
Hello,
We just had our pool pebble plastered yesterday and the guys were here to wash it today. I am concerned they didn't do a thorough job. They were here maybe 30-40 minutes, that included set up and pack up. They were in and out so fast I didn't get a chance to talk to them before they left. The pool doesn't look too shiny and still see some areas that look dull. Should I be concerned? Pool is filling now :(

OMGoodness!! I've been wondering the same thing about our pool. Ours was plastered last Thursday and acid-washed and filled on Friday. Pb came out on Monday to fire it up and I asked him about it, and he said "some of it will go away with brushing, and over time, it will dissolve". But I've been looking at everyone's pictures on the site, and mine doesn't look as "clean"... Needless to say, we've had a lot of problems with this Pb... Hopefully, someone with more expertise will chime in.

What's the name of that plaster? It looks really similar to mine I'll take some pics tonight for comparison.

Did you get a chance to watch what they were doing? Not sure this helps but here is a picture of the process when they did mine. They pored the acid everywhere (even killing my neighbors plant).

af5ea6316887f9af89af3377e70d374c.jpg

Oh wow! I don't think that process was done on my pool, I would have noticed, lol. I honestly think they were here about 30 minutes. We got a product called Adam's Pebble Plus, it is supposedly the same as Pebble Sheen, just proprietary. The pool start up guy did say today that it looked like they did a good job with the acid wash, so that made me feel better. That was until he went to fire up the pool and then told me our plumbing was done incorrectly and the intake pipes and the other pipes (pool talk I didn't understand) were mixed up. It looks like quite a job to fix it :( and they can't get someone out today to fix. The water is lovely as of today, I really like the color. Thanks you guys for responding, your pools are beautiful!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.