Help a rookie

Aha... I think that’s best! Thank you!
Question: has all of the chlorine/time been wasted or is it helpful in some amount? I think wasted but ??‍♀️Oh well! Thank you!

No, the chlorine has not been wasted. With lower FC level the process will take much longer. The SLAM FC level has been calculated to be the optimum level for chlorine usage versus time to kill the algae.

Last edited:
I’m back again. I’ve been slamming to target 20. I’ve been adding when I get below 20 at night and my FC in the morning is always higher than night reading.
My numbers:

Thursday
7:45PM
FC=18.5

Friday
7:10AM
FC=21.5

11:00AM
FC=20.5

3:15PM
FC=18.5

8PM
FC=18.5

Today
6:15AM
FC= 20.5
CC=1

so I added bleach twice yesterday to target the FC=20. My CC is still 1. My autocover was off the entire time above except last night. Is something wrong or keep going? confused how the FC is increasing overnight (well I should say not dropping dramatically) but my CC is still 1?

Good news! I’m done!!!! My husband did the testing this morning and told me the CC was 1 but he meant 1 drop so it’s 0.5.... YAY!!!!! I did it!!!!!!!! ??. Now I just need to figure the best SWG settings .... so excited though!
THANK YOU Allen for guiding me thru!

Great to have your husband as quality control. :goodjob:

???

Well now I’m very perplexed ...I finally shut my filter off overnight last night and today let the chlorine go down I didn’t check and check like I have for the last 8days. Just now I ran a full check of tests and the CC seems to have returned? Is this possible? My husband swears he knows it was one drop and bright bright (we have the stirring machine with the light)... Today it was definitely *almost* 1 drop... the most faint tint was there and *did* change to brighter color with drop number 2

These were my numbers:
FC = 10.5
CC = 1 (but I want to say .75?)
pH= 7.2
TA = 60
CYA = 40 (dot disappeared between 30 and 40)

Any clues for me (the biggest pain in the neck rookie ever)?
Not sure if I should feel defeated or what

CC of 1 can be normal sanitation. Nothing to freak out about. Just keep your FC at the high end of the FC/CYA Levels

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm sorry I didn't see your question! It took about 3 days for the pool to look clear and 8days to pass the three SLAM finished "tests"... I messed up in the middle with the SLAM-ing so I think it took a day or two longer than it should have....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.