Hello - New and Trouble will Tallman Pool gelcoat

Dragonvid

Hello -- happy to have found this forum. I have a 2.5 year old fiberglass Brunswick style pool from Tallman. Saltwater filter system. I live in Wilmington, NC and I am having issues with the pool gelcoat. My chemistry has always been tested by the installers and I've remediated any problems immediately. So I don't understand why I've got spots in the bottom of my pool and I got the demo pool, so now the logo and messaging is coming through on the bottom. I've seen in some other threads where Tallman had problems with gelcoat in pools built from 2014-2016. I think this might be right about the time my pool was built as it was a display pool for a while. If anyone has any information, I would love to get in touch. I've seen where drseuss and serebus had the same problems with Tallman but have not been able to get in touch with them. I'm open to anyone who might have suggestions. Crowder Pool spots.pngWelcome To . . . Crowder Pool.png

Welcome (officially) to TFP! :wave: Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully @drseuss or @seribus will catch your thread and reply about the experiences. While waiting, you might want to post a full set of water test results for everyone to see how the water has typically been managed. It might show us something. Tell us which test kit was used as well please. Everyone here will do what they can to assist.

Hi Dragonvid,
From what I understand, there was a gelcoat issue with pools built between 2014 and 2016 but not necessarily just Tallman pools. They do not know what causes the issue. I was told that the way you can tell if your pool has an issue is by stripes in the bottom of the pool where the fiberglass is bonded as you can see from this photo. But, I'm not an expert on this. You need to call Tallman pools at 770-478-2257. Tell them you have an issue with the gel coat and mention that you heard there was a gelcoat issue with 2014-2016 pools. I have also talked to a representative of the company that refinished our pool with the ecoFINISH product. I was told that the water in our area, yes from Pittsboro all the way to Wilmington, is not good. Not sure what that means, but probably that you'll continue having problems with the pool finish. We are having problems with the ecoFINISH product now and we're being told that we can't use chlorine in our pool. So, we're back to square one and will probably have to have our pool refinished again. Good luck on your pool. Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_6082.jpeg

Hi Dragonvid,
From what I understand, there was a gelcoat issue with pools built between 2014 and 2016 but not necessarily just Tallman pools. They do not know what causes the issue. I was told that the way you can tell if your pool has an issue is by stripes in the bottom of the pool where the fiberglass is bonded as you can see from this photo. But, I'm not an expert on this. You need to call Tallman pools at 770-478-2257. Tell them you have an issue with the gel coat and mention that you heard there was a gelcoat issue with 2014-2016 pools. I have also talked to a representative of the company that refinished our pool with the ecoFINISH product. I was told that the water in our area, yes from Pittsboro all the way to Wilmington, is not good. Not sure what that means, but probably that you'll continue having problems with the pool finish. We are having problems with the ecoFINISH product now and we're being told that we can't use chlorine in our pool. So, we're back to square one and will probably have to have our pool refinished again. Good luck on your pool. Let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 153004
Thanks so much for the reply. Did Tallman send out Diego to look at your pool? We don' t the stripes but it looks like the sides of my pools have snow drifts in a way. Diego used some wet sandpaper on the sitting area maybe a year ago and that area has not clouded up again, so that pretty much tells me that it's not a water issue. I appreciate you getting back in touch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.