Aqua Therapy

Mar 24, 2022
Burnet, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone ... I have been a guest of this forum for few years in answering various questions. Now that I have decided to convert to liquid chlorine, its seems like the appropriate time to become a true member.

I was still working when my current pool was built 10 years ago. While I had experience maintain a small 8,000 pool in Houston, business travel kept me away from spending the time necessary to maintain the pool.
I contracted a pool service with a good reputation and for 6 years the water was always clear. After retiring, I decided to save a few bucks and go back to maintaining my own pool. That's when I discovered some nasty surprises: CYA over 150ppm, Pump Gasket sealed with silicone caulk rather than grease and a Zone Generator that had not worked for years. After draining my 19,000 gallon pool twice in 3 years, I realize that is not an ideal way to manage CYA.

This forum has been invaluable in convincing me to take the liquid chlorine plunge. I'm sure I'll have many questions and problems to solve.

Reactions: Oly
Welcome to TFP and congrats on taking charge of your pool. :goodjob: Enjoy this nice TX weather. :swim: