Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2022
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! New to the site! I was excited when I found out about TFP and the level of knowledge of the people frequenting here, so looking forward to interacting with you all, getting help and hopefully becoming knowledgeable enough to help others too myself!

I got a house with a pool, and while the pool was sparkling when I saw the house, I came across a green pool when I got the key to move in...

This indirectly led me to this website and further searches for pool-related stuff kept pointing me here, where I saw some talking about the "TFP method"!

Also, I am kinda disappointed by the "pool guy". A little scrubbing and skimming and throwing some chlorine and/or other chemicals seemingly randomly WITHOUT EVER measuring ANYTHING in my pool!!! Maybe I was wrong, but I was expecting at least some good quality measurements for the monthly fee but his reply was that "if the pool looks fine we don't test, it will be obvious when it's not good (cloudy, green, etc.), otherwise we can use strips (!!!)"

Well, having an engineering background I like MEASUREMENTS and ACCURACY! And pool chemistry is... chemistry!
And being the nerd I've always been I find I'd strongly prefer to do myself! I trust my measurements (well at least after I learn to use the kit :p) and I enjoy scrubbing and skimming as a break. It's not like I have a super-huge pool, anyway, so...

Bought the TF kit and reading up on how to use and interpret and planning to get the app too. Oh, and let the "pool guy" take care of some other pools so I can have full control of mine with your help at times :)

Reactions: NWMNMom and Newdude