Hello from the heartland!

biggbird72

Jul 17, 2021
Wichita KS
Hi, my name is Rob. It was suggested to me and my wife to join TFP by the very nice and knowledgeable lady we purchased a sand filter and pump from. Happy to be here and learn!

We bought one of those 10ft inflatables a couple years ago and had fun with it for 1 season. Didn't know anything about pools but it was a pain to keep it clean (honestly didn't do anything we should have to do so).

Fast forward to this year, we picked up a Summer Waves 14' x 48" pool from a friend and are currently getting the ground level. Hoping it's being done right! Watched many videos and read many posts about it (not here yet, though).

We dug into our grade to try to get as close to level with the low side as possible. We are just about there and we're trying to see if a sand and tarp would be next or what options to explore for creating a good smooth and solid base. Still more to look into for sure.

Anyway, happy to have been told about this forum and look forward to learning and hopefully getting something up to use for what little bit of season we have left.

Thanks from Kansas,
Rob