Hello from SWFL

May 12, 2018
SW Florida
Hi everyone,

I've been referring to this forum for pool advice for quite some time now and it has been very helpful. My husband and I used to have somebody come in once a week to do the pool maintenance but, she decided to quit last year and I've been taking care of the pool ever since. We have an irregularly-shaped, in-ground pool with a spa. I need to figure out how many gallons of water it takes, but I'm guessing it's around 13,000. We have a chlorine tablet feeder but I know from reading this forum that you recommend using bleach or liquid chlorine. I have been hesitant to do this because it sounds like a lot more work to be adding bleach everyday and also seems more expensive compared to the tablets.

Well, since I started doing the pool maintenance myself, I realize that I spend more time cleaning the pool anyway than actually using it because I'm never 100% satisfied with how the pool looks like -- the deep end would look cloudier than the shallow end, or the water would look dull, etc. We also recently had an algae problem that took weeks to control with pool shock, algaecide, constant filter cleaning and lots of brushing. The pool is looking much better now, but I think I'm ready to give the TFPC method a try, and also maybe start enjoying the pool more.

I just bought a TF-100 test kit with the SpeedStir and am looking forward to finding out what's going on with the pool water instead of just guessing.

Cheers!