Backdraft57

Dec 16, 2020
Peoria/Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey. Just found this site cuz I am completely freaked out by all this pool chemistry. Just finished a pool build and it was turned over to me a couple days ago. First pool. Came with a Taylor test kit. So confusing. Hopefully reading here and watching more videos will help ease this feeling of being overwhelmed with all these chemicals needed.

If you get a great test kit it really is easy :)

I have a salt water generator and the only thing I put into the pool is chlorine and muriatic acid and salt once a year... once you get going it really is easy...

Reactions: Backdraft57
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Please be sure to review the articles in the link below. It should help you tremendously.

One of the first steps is getting your test kit ready. Check your kit number. If it's not a K-2006 or K-2006C, you may need to add components to test properly.

Don't be apprehensive about adding chemicals. TFP Pool Math makes it easy.

Best wishes!

Welcome! :wave:
I just joined as well and new to all the chems and measurements, it can be confusing at first.
However, you have found the right place to learn about your pool and chemicals.
The others here have a wealth of knowledge, which will help you save time and money.
Since this wasn't mentioned yet, here are two things you can do right now.
  1. Fill out your signature with info about your pool so others can help you, and that will also cut down questions being asked about your pool and equipment...the pros here need that info.
  2. Next, when you have realized how much you have $$ you have saved be it $20, $50, $100 or more, read about donating to this forum.
No one gets paid, but the $$ does help to keep this forum going...check link.
Support TFP :deal:
Once this forum is gone, you'll have to rely on what you remembered or worse yet YT.

Above all things, have fun doing what you need to do to maintain your pool, the rewards are great!
Aloha! :goodjob: