Hello from MN

Jun 3, 2018
Moorhead, MN
Hi everyone. I’m a 2nd year pool owner. 18’ intex. Last year was a flop. I broke both my legs 3 days after I got the pool and didn’t get it up until late July with help from friends. I couldn’t move around much so the pool got neglected and my boys didn’t get in the pool until July 28th. This year I’m hoping for a much better pool season. The boys have already been in the pool and are loving it. I’m looking forward to a great summer and learning the bbb method. I started it off with a couple small leaks but we tackled that and won. I built a small solar heater and that seems to be working well too. I’m using the pool math app and am really liking that. I’ll post some pics later. We just had a downpour and the mud in our yard is too much to wade through today.

Welcome! :wave:

dbtgallery.php

Welcome, Chris! Here’s to a much better summer!

Intrigued by your solar heater build... can you describe?

I made a coil with 3 rolls of irrigation tubing and made a manifold so that I wasn’t forcing 1 1/2” pvc into a 1/2” tube. With the 3 tubes each 1/2” I have an equal amount of tubing space for the water. I had an extra pump and just used that to push the water through. I’ll post a pic later

I made a coil with 3 rolls of irrigation tubing and made a manifold so that I wasn’t forcing 1 1/2” pvc into a 1/2” tube. With the 3 tubes each 1/2” I have an equal amount of tubing space for the water. I had an extra pump and just used that to push the water through. I’ll post a pic later

Great, thanks!