nicolispicoli

Gold Supporter
Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello! Soon(ish) to be pool owner here in Southern California! We signed our contract before the holidays and are waiting on permits, LA is quite backed up it seems. When I finally convinced my husband to put in a pool I told him I'd take care of it, just finished reading through Pool School to get a head start. I grew up swimming while my dad tested the water so I knew I had to start somewhere. I'm so glad I found this site, it seems like a wealth of information, thanks!

Reactions: Nikilyn
Have you gotten your permits yet? We live in LA too and just submitted for permits this week? How long did it take you? Have you started digging yet?
Hello! Soon(ish) to be pool owner here in Southern California! We signed our contract before the holidays and are waiting on permits, LA is quite backed up it seems. When I finally convinced my husband to put in a pool I told him I'd take care of it, just finished reading through Pool School to get a head start. I grew up swimming while my dad tested the water so I knew I had to start somewhere. I'm so glad I found this site, it seems like a wealth of information, thanks!

Hi Shozie -- no we haven't gotten our permits yet. We are in Culver City and just got back our second and hopefully last correction from the City. We initially submitted December 28th, resubmitted February 10th, and now are waiting on the designer to make an additional change. Each submission has taken about 5 weeks...sooo slow!

Reactions: ShoZie