Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello, new guy here, ready to learn all the ins and outs of my 15000 gallon + Spa saltwater setup. We are currently in start up, and running chlorine, chlorinator is plumbed in addition to the salt generator.

Pebble Sheen plaster completed 1/8/22, the builder is saying 6 weeks until we add salt. Is this typical?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: 30 days is generally the most common standard we see for waiting until you add salt. But if your builder is saying a bit longer, you might stick to that just to maintain your warranty.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: 30 days is generally the most common standard we see for waiting until you add salt. But if your builder is saying a bit longer, you might stick to that just to maintain your warranty.

Another silly question, does that mean you don't use the pool for 30 days either or......?

Another silly question, does that mean you don't use the pool for 30 days either or......?
Taking your first plunge can vary. Some hop in as soon as it's full, but most commonly they wait a day or two to allow for some curing. But water temp permitting you should be able to swim. Don't use any cleaners or have anything in the pool that could disrupt the new plaster/pebble as it is curing.

See the link below for more info.

Taking your first plunge can vary. Some hop in as soon as it's full, but most commonly they wait a day or two to allow for some curing. But water temp permitting you should be able to swim. Don't use any cleaners or have anything in the pool that could disrupt the new plaster/pebble as it is curing.

See the link below for more info.

Thanks! I'm not the OP or doing a plaster pool (will be building a vinyl liner this year) but I appreciate the info!

Hello, new guy here, ready to learn all the ins and outs of my 15000 gallon + Spa saltwater setup. We are currently in start up, and running chlorine, chlorinator is plumbed in addition to the salt generator.

Pebble Sheen plaster completed 1/8/22, the builder is saying 6 weeks until we add salt. Is this typical?
Welcome to the TFP forum. There are many contributors from the Houston area. It would be helpful to fill out your signature under Profile with your equipment and pool info. This is a great forum for all issues or discussions.