Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,
Just joined after having read some great posts and advice. Have also just ordered test kits from TFP. I'm half Scottish/English and moved here about 4 years ago.

After the freeze a couple of weeks ago I got sick of our pool management service and decided I would learn how to manage it properly. In hindsight not taking responsibility of a very expensive asset, the pool, was naive and foolish. It was being managed horribly, CYA was at 165 so have drained a lot of it, and schedules had the VS pump maxing out for some reason so have began the process of learning and trying to optimise. I just ordered the Pentair IC40 SWG so I can get away from using chlorine pucks and stop worrying about CYA, should have it installed by myself in the next few days.

aj,

Welcome to TFP! If you haven't already done so please read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ask any questions you may have. How did you get the CYA tested? TFP provides volunteer experts and pool enthusiasts to help you learn our methods and do anything pool related. We sell nothing so you'll get the straight scoop on any question. Our methods use dirt cheap generic chemicals you can buy from big box stores. They are based on sound science and used by thousands of pool owners in the US and around the world.

Again, welcome and good luck!

Chris

aj,

Welcome to TFP! If you haven't already done so please read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ask any questions you may have. How did you get the CYA tested? TFP provides volunteer experts and pool enthusiasts to help you learn our methods and do anything pool related. We sell nothing so you'll get the straight scoop on any question. Our methods use dirt cheap generic chemicals you can buy from big box stores. They are based on sound science and used by thousands of pool owners in the US and around the world.

Again, welcome and good luck!

Chris

Hi Chris, I've read the ABC's which I found informative. I do have a long way to go though, especially as I'm installing a SWG in a few days which I've been prepping for.

I mistyped above, the testing set I bought was from TFTestKits. I was getting it tested for the first week by my local pool store, Leslies, after cancelling the pool management service but I was suspicious of their testing accuracy which I've read here about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: setsailsoon