Hello from Georgia !!!

My wife and I are about to start building a custom home in the next 6 months or so and we are exploring options for a lap pool. We have our house plans, builder and home site chosen and are excited about building our 'forever' home.

Here's a little background:

My wife was a Div. I scholarship swimmer at a major SEC school about 30 years ago and she still swims today. She used to swim competitively after college and competed in triathlons etc but is currently only swimming for exercise and mental clarity (as she calls it). I'm a former USN Aircrewman and after the Navy spent 5-years trying to drown me, I haven't done much swimming in the last 25 years. I'm more of a float and sip kinda guy! That has changed recently and I've started working out hard and am having fantasies about really getting back into the pool and recapturing my glory days (LMAO). I can see myself doing a lot of swimming as I HATE running and have always loved the water! Were both tall. I'm 6'-3" and she is 6'-2".

We have somewhat decided on a 25M (82') in length lap pool that will be at least 8' wide at a minimum but possible as much as 12' wide. We are leaning towards a depth of at least 2-2.5M (6.5'-8.2'). Of course it will be heated so we can use it year-round and it will also be a saltwater pool. We would like a automated solar cover to extend the swim season and lower our heating costs. We have thought about reinforcing the ends for flip-turns.

With the price of concrete we like more grass and a smaller 'border'. We will use more concrete in the high traffic areas. We would like to incorporate a small sun deck as well.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I've placed some additional example pictures in a Google Drive folder located here:

pool - Google Drive

Attachments

• 2e425cf960d3174b07641485effee643.jpg
    2e425cf960d3174b07641485effee643.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 5-lap-pool.jpg
    5-lap-pool.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20