Hello from Cyprus in the East Mediterranean.

skimberley

Jun 24, 2020
Cyprus (Mediterranean)
Since 2008, I have had a fiberglass inground pool, 7m x 3.5m (23ft x 11.5ft), 25000 liters (6600 US gallons). Until recently the only testing I do is what was supplied by the pool supplier, ie. oto for Chlorine and phenol red for pH. So far I have managed reasonably well. For Chlorine, I use Tri-Chlor based tablets (pucks?), and for pH, Soda Ash to raise, and Hydrochloric Acid to lower (which I very rarely need to use). I recently bought a pack of multi-test strips, which does 7 tests.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We hope you continue to enjoy your pool and have very few maintenance or chemical issues. Here in the US, we recommend the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, but it may be difficult for you to get one of those shipped to you there. But you might check because test strips are very unreliable. As long as those chlorine tabs (pucks) don't increase your CYA too high it's okay. But that is something to watch to ensure you always keep the FC properly balanced to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Great to have you with us. Let us know if you have any questions.