Hello from Connecticut

happeee1

Jan 30, 2021
connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Hi, we are retired senior citizens who enjoy our hot tub year round. For the longest time I had our hot tub problem free (so to speak) but lately I can't seem to get it correct. Either i am getting a lot of "scum" on the walls or we are getting itchy later at night from using it. I have gone to the spa stores here in town and am always given confusing corrections along with having to buy tons of chemicals. First use choline and dichlor and ph up ...ph down..then use bromine ..acid ..etc ..etc.. I am hopeing I can finally get some non-conflicting advice without it costing us a ton of money to not have good results... thanks for accepting us and helping us out

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on hitting the retirement years. I'm working on it. :) As for the scum, since you're new to TFP, I would point out the following that might help:
- How are you testing your water? Ideally you should be using a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.
- Show us a full set of water results
- Have you done an Ahh-Some treatment recently?

Also see the link below for some great tub chemistry tips. Give those a look and let us know what else we can do to help.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on hitting the retirement years. I'm working on it. :) As for the scum, since you're new to TFP, I would point out the following that might help:
- How are you testing your water? Ideally you should be using a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.
- Show us a full set of water results
- Have you done an Ahh-Some treatment recently?

Also see the link below for some great tub chemistry tips. Give those a look and let us know what else we can do to help.

I did post pictures of my test results ... please review my post ..thank you

There are no pics on this thread. You must be talking about your other thread:

Looks like you have enough people on that one already. Good luck.

There are no pics on this thread. You must be talking about your other thread:

Looks like you have enough people on that one already. Good luck.
hi..yes my other thread... thank you