Hello from Colorado!!

ColoradoLinda

Jun 30, 2019
Broomfield, CO
Hi all,
Without going into too many personal details, suffice to say that I am on my own for the second r in 25 years to take care of the pool in this home. I am looking forward to learning on a lot on this new adventure. My pool is a liner inground pool, 20x40 (9' ft at the deep end), approximately 33K gallons. I found a reference to this website and group when I was buying a test kit on Amazon. The person who wrote it sure knew what they were talking about when they said you get sold a lot of stuff when going to your local pool store for water tests. Not knowing better, this is what I did last year and spent more than six hundred dollars in the first month, followed by 400 and 300 in months 2 and 3. Thought about filling it with dirt but giving it one more shot to do it own my own this year! Looking forward to chatting with and getting your awesome advice!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! :wave: No worries, you're in the right place now. I recommend reviewing our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ensuring you test your own water with a TF-100. You will see quickly why that test kit is so important. Get the magnetic speedstir as well if you can. With a little reading and practice, you'll see how easy it is to have a crystal clear (TFP) pool. :swim:

Reactions: ColoradoLinda
Hi ColoradoLimda,
I too found my way to TFP after spending $$$ at the pool store - everyone here is so helpful and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
I’m finally getting my VS pool pump and new filter installed later this month and choosing the equipment was much easier after reading other online posts and various recommendations for other folks and their pools. It still amazes me how generous the members are with their time and knowledge.

You’re in good hands :giggle:

We moved to Vegas from Conifer, CO - I miss the mountains and hiking the 13 & 14ers that are all over the place -look forward to your future posts. :wave:

Reactions: ColoradoLinda
Hi ColoradoLimda,
I too found my way to TFP after spending $$$ at the pool store - everyone here is so helpful and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
I’m finally getting my VS pool pump and new filter installed later this month and choosing the equipment was much easier after reading other online posts and various recommendations for other folks and their pools. It still amazes me how generous the members are with their time and knowledge.

You’re in good hands :giggle:

We moved to Vegas from Conifer, CO - I miss the mountains and hiking the 13 & 14ers that are all over the place -look forward to your future posts. :wave:
Thank you Desert Debster!! I already feel more confident in terms of being able to do this on my own. Hope you are enjoying the warmth of the Vegas sun!

Hello and welcome! :wave: No worries, you're in the right place now. I recommend reviewing our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ensuring you test your own water with a TF-100. You will see quickly why that test kit is so important. Get the magnetic speedstir as well if you can. With a little reading and practice, you'll see how easy it is to have a crystal clear (TFP) pool. :swim:
Thank you @Texas Splash !!

Reactions: Texas Splash