Hello from Colorado - Older pool, new owner

Nice looking pool when it's all filled with water. The stainless bolt on aluminum should be fine. I worked on an aluminum hulled fast ferry for a few years we only used stainless fasteners so they would play nice with the aluminum.

Once you get chlorine and in that water it will clear up in no time .

Thanks for the input everyone!

Kim -- saw your previous question. I'm on city water.

Started out with an addition of 9.5 pounds of Calcium Chloride last night. This morning, CH had increased by 50, which is dead on for a 20kgal pool, so I think I have the volume correct. Added a second dose this morning, so I'm expecting to see right around 200ppm this evening.

I split the CYA into two 2.5lb doses, one last night and one this morning. Per your advice, Kim, I invested in a very high-tech automated cyanuric acid infusion system:

I retested chlorine once more before adding any and found 0 FC and 0 CC. I added only one jug of 8.25% bleach for now, and I'll check its effectiveness before moving ahead with a full SLAM. FC measured 3 and CC 0 two hours after adding, but we'll see how it looks this afternoon. Also added 3 pounds of baking soda which should get my TA up to 70.

The pump and heater are both running full bore right now. Maybe with luck I can be swimming by the first!

I'm in northern Colorado too, and it seems we might have the same model light. My water is still mega too cold to try attempt checking it more myself. Can you tell me if your light had the one screw at the top to take it out of the housing?

light.jpg

I'm in northern Colorado too, and it seems we might have the same model light. My water is still mega too cold to try attempt checking it more myself. Can you tell me if your light had the one screw at the top to take it out of the housing?

Dang, and here I thought I might have the only pool in the state! Yep, my light has the single screw in the top and a little metal hook on the bottom. My niche is an ancient obsolete Hayward, so I had to get an adapter ring to mount it. From your photo, it looks like you have the same light, a Pentair Amerlite.

If you're going to remove it, I found that the brass screw strips super easily -- might be a good idea to snag another (Pentair P/N 79104800) just in case. That's an expensive screw!

Dang, and here I thought I might have the only pool in the state! Yep, my light has the single screw in the top and a little metal hook on the bottom. My niche is an ancient obsolete Hayward, so I had to get an adapter ring to mount it. From your photo, it looks like you have the same light, a Pentair Amerlite.

If you're going to remove it, I found that the brass screw strips super easily -- might be a good idea to snag another (Pentair P/N 79104800) just in case. That's an expensive screw!

My light matches the Penair Amerlite. Thanks a ton for your help! Like you, I'm a new owner of an old pool. Sorry for crashing your thread :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.