Hello from Central Washington.

Mar 22, 2018
Selah washington
I don't have any good questions yet because we have not built a pool yet! We are getting close to deciding on a pool and hope to have one built with in a few months. Were choosing between San Juan, Viking or Leisure (only options in my area for fiberglass). Anything I should be worried about?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: All of the major brands have comparable warranties. Your biggest issue will be with the installer and/or any sub-contractors. That's where you need to be careful and do your homework. Ask about the equipment being offered and reply back with a list so we can help give you some advice. You might also ask about the base and backfill material - sand or gravel? Good to know.

Nice to have you with us.

Welcome to TFP. Please post lots of pics. A pic of the layout would be great:lol:. Kim :kim:our official moderator on Bling would be glad to spend your money:cheers:

Thank you Texas Splash.

I'm pretty sure they use gravel back fill, good or bad? At his time we are not doing a heater. I think they use all Pentair equipment.

15.5' X 35' Leisure Pinnacle Pool
Pentair Sand Filter
Variable Speed Intelliflo pump
2 LED Lights
Basic Hose, Hole Brush and Test Kit (not sure on the brand)?

They will start building the about the third week in May. My biggest concern is placement because my back yard slopes about 4 feet off the steps up on to my deck. I don't want the pool to far away but also don't want to spend a ton on a retaining wall.

Thanks, Greg

Thank you Brentr!

We haven't decided on a layout yet put I will post something when we get one. We have a pretty tight budget so we may not to spend to much money on Bling to start out. depending on the retaining wall we may have nothing left!

No problem :drown:keep on posting and asking questions:D. We will be happy to assist and of course give opinions from experience :cheers:

So i know how to post pictures now! Our project went fast and was finished at the end of July. I did take picture's from start to finish but did not know how to post at the time and it's probably to late now so i may just post a finished one? This project started out on a lower dollar budget but grew as it progressed forward!
* We ended up having to spend about $5,000 for a retaining wall on three sides because of the slope of the backyard and where to pool sat.
* We added a Ultra Temp 120 heat pump because my wife didn't want her grand babies to be cold!
* We added a Cover Star Auto Cover because i started to get really worried about safety!
* We added cement on two side because my wife said she needed more room!

Now that we are done the real work is about start! I'm looking for a pool cleaning friend that won't break the bank and will do the waterline and good pool sealer for the deck? Thoughts on either of these?

Thanks, Greg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support