Hello from Central PA

MommaHuffman

Jul 28, 2020
Palmyra, PA
Getting ready to install my very first above ground pool! I'm excited yet scared at the same time! Found a good deal on a 30' round pool on Ebay. This wholesaler had this pool shipped within a week! We first attempted to do this ourselves but when we went to excavate, we discovered some very hard rocky areas that we couldn't penetrate to level. We hired an excavator to come and professionally level the ground for us. Since this is a very large pool, we want the ground to be perfect! My husband and I have watched countless videos on how to do this ourselves and he feels very confident about it. I, however, am a little nervous because I don't want any mistakes! If anyone has any advice, comments, or tips, that would be greatly appreciated! {I posted a couple pics. Hubby thought with our ground being rocky with shale that a small layer of stone dust would help before putting down the sand.}

Attachments

• 20200718_174748.jpg
    20200718_174748.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20200719_102200.jpg
    20200719_102200.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 5
Welcome and congrats on getting your pool. :wave: If you didn't already know, a successful AGP installation all starts with the foundation. Stable and level. Nothing worse than filling-up the new pool to see a crooked waterline. So definitely take your time with that part. Use a laser level, bunyip (water) level, or any other combination you have at your disposal, but you want the base level to within one inch. There are lots of build threads in the AGP sub-forum, so search all you want or create a new thread of your own if needed. Good luck! :swim:

Reactions: MommaHuffman