Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
hey all from Arizona
In my second year of being a first time pool owner. Intex 18x52" with the SWG combo unit. Looking for ward to learning or helping if at all possible.

We get winter for about 2.5 weeks down here in Tucson.. so you are lucky there. I have heard it snows at my 3300' elevation about once every seven years. That happened the first winter we were here and I got out the Midwestern snow shovel that the movers moved anyway, and did our driveway. I got looked at by the neighbors like I had three heads. It was fun...

Welcome and no, we don't need to close a pool here either.. average temperature is above freezing on a daily basis, even in January when it does hit 20F sometimes...

Last edited:
We get winter for about 2.5 weeks down here in Tucson.. so you are lucky there. I have heard it snows at my 3300' elevation about once every seven years. That happened the first winter we were here and I got out the Midwestern snow shovel that the movers moved anyway, and did our driveway. I got looked at be the neighbors like I had three heads. It was fun...

Welcome and no, we don't need to close a pool here either.. average temperature is above freezing on a daily basis, even in January when it does hit 20F sometimes...
We just use a solar cover as our temps don't get below 32f and the pool is usable all year long. Although we go through a solar cover every year because of the sun.

We have not had snow in our neighborhood in Mesa but the yard two years ago was covered in pea size hail.

This was within the last year. The Superstitions snow down to 2000'. Odd sight for sure being that low.
This is what I used my shovels for when I moved to AZ from MN.

Attachments

• 2000feet Superstitions.jpg
    2000feet Superstitions.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Snow-Shovel-Turbine-728x378.jpg
    Snow-Shovel-Turbine-728x378.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4
We had bad hail here once, right after we moved in. Luckily it was very localized and we drove our two newer cars out of the area until it passed. I was actually amazed that I didn't come back to broken windows.. The one old car left out had some damage and my solar lights all were dented up... But it was enough to shovel when I got back and was more like dime sized.

Good to hear about the solar cover, actually because I was wondering if it were just me. Our pool went on line about 14 months ago, and I am hoping to make it until spring on our "3 year guaranteed" solar cover. I wish there were better options. But, yes, that's the "winter" cover here as well.

Good to have you here. It's a good group.

Reactions: NowintersinAZ
We had bad hail here once, right after we moved in. Luckily it was very localized and we drove our two newer cars out of the area until it passed. I was actually amazed that I didn't come back to broken windows.. The one old car left out had some damage and my solar lights all were dented up... But it was enough to shovel when I got back and was more like dime sized.

Good to hear about the solar cover, actually because I was wondering if it were just me. Our pool went on line about 14 months ago, and I am hoping to make it until spring on our "3 year guaranteed" solar cover. I wish there were better options. But, yes, that's the "winter" cover here as well.

Good to have you here. It's a good group.
Glad your cars for the most part made it. We are on the frist few months of a Leslie's cover with a 3 year warranty and much thicker than the others. But still after only a few months we are cleaning little blue dots out of the skimmer and the pool. Maybe we can take advantage of the warranty and get at least one more for free that would help with the cost.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus