Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

So sorry to see you are dealing with these issues. You have the right attitude though, when its all said and done you will be loving swimming in that pool and spending time with your family!

Maybe they can re stain the concrete decking one more time all at once to get a more uniform color? I will say that now that we have water in the pool I don't find myself looking at the waterline tile very much if at all. I am always drawn to the spa and wall where that iridescent tile really shines. You have some really beautiful tile to look at on that spa too!, that will catch everyone's eyes when looking at your pool.

Keep pressing to get a satisfactory result as you should since we are all spending a lot of money on these projects. Keep in mind no matter how good all these pools look when finished, no one finished without some sort of hiccup, myself included. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to see it all done!

Thank you for your kind words, Atx1. I was outside when the sun first started setting and the glass tile on the spa was just stunning in all its peacock hues! I'm really really happy with how they turned out. I'm so ready to be done with this project and move to the point of seeing the overall pool and not the individual components.

Thanks for stopping by!

Finally got to see the pictures. Wow! So sorry about all the stress. What a mess!

They will fix it in a way that makes you happy. I'm having Faith and praying too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, TM! I'm sorry you have such a hard time seeing my pictures...I haven't got a clue as to why....

So sorry to hear about all your problems, Denise. Your patience is amazing. I love the stamped pattern you chose. Hopefully they can work out the differences in color to your satisfaction.
Thank you, Marla! It's only by the Grace of God that I am being patient. But I don't "feel" patient. And I've cried way too much over this whole thing!

When I was out there tonight, I just keep seeing more and more problems with the concrete. My heart sinks every time I see it.

No updates or work done since the meetings on Tuesday. I imagine no one will be here until next week. I'm hoping for a lot of action next week.
As of today, I am off work for 10 days. I need the stress/mental health break, my daughter and her family are moving 6/10 and she needs help, I have some things I want to get done around the house and I need to get my diet and exercise back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a shot of my LS tile tonight as the sun was setting. It looked so amazing, I thought I would share!
image.jpg

When I'm really stressed out I try to think of all the problems I *don't* have and to be thankful. It reminds me and puts it into perspective.

I don't know why I can't see the pics either. It seems JannyLee has the same issue. It's not all the pics/posts which is another reason it's so weird! I can see this last one you posted of those gorgeous tiles! I just know the picture doesn't even do them justice. So, so pretty!! Relax and enjoy your days as they will fly by! You earned them.

No updates or work done since the meetings on Tuesday. I imagine no one will be here until next week. I'm hoping for a lot of action next week.
As of today, I am off work for 10 days. I need the stress/mental health break, my daughter and her family are moving 6/10 and she needs help, I have some things I want to get done around the house and I need to get my diet and exercise back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a shot of my LS tile tonight as the sun was setting. It looked so amazing, I thought I would share!
View attachment 48866

It looks great!! And I can see the picture. So happy[emoji3]

Enjoy your 10 days! Get lots of sleep, exercise some of the stress off, help in the move (man I hate moving but love when I am able to help someone else do it), sit on your chairs and look at that PRETTY tile!

:hug:

Kim:cat:

Thank you! Day 1 going well! Hung out with hubby by the pool, drinking coffee, admiring our tile, large cement hole, and pvc pipes. The weather was overcast, breezy and beautiful. Then we went to Costco, bought a small table and 4 chairs for the patio and then went to Sam's. The plan at Sam's was to get 2 of the deck boxes. Well, we ended up getting 2 of the reassembled ones. They both each had a cracked corner (minor) so they gave us $20 off each one. Since we save $40, we decided to get a nice looking trash can for on the patio. When we checked out, they offered me $40 instant savings if I got their MasterCard. I took them up on it and saved in grand total $80 today! Almost enough for one of the umbrellas I want. This evening I'm babysitting a couple of the grandkids. Great day full of blessings!

When I'm really stressed out I try to think of all the problems I *don't* have and to be thankful. It reminds me and puts it into perspective.

I don't know why I can't see the pics either. It seems JannyLee has the same issue. It's not all the pics/posts which is another reason it's so weird! I can see this last one you posted of those gorgeous tiles! I just know the picture doesn't even do them justice. So, so pretty!! Relax and enjoy your days as they will fly by! You earned them.

I'm certainly blessed beyond measure and none of this matters in the grand scheme of life and eternity!

Oh those tiles are just so gorgeous! Enjoy your days off!
Thanks, Marla! I hope you are enjoying your grandbaby and your pool!!

That is great advice.

It sure is!!

- - - Updated - - -

It looks great!! And I can see the picture. So happy[emoji3]

Oh yay, Jannylee!!! I'm so glad!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That tile is breathtaking! Has your builder given you an approximate finish date? Ours told us mid June, but our shell hasn't even been shot yet (suppose to be Monday now). I'm hoping to be done by the 4th of July.

thank you, Sheree!
I have no des when our pool will be done. I had taken vacation for this weekend since I was SURE we would be done by now. Now I am hoping for July 4 as well. I hope you get gunite Monday! It's disappointing when big things get rescheduled.

Thought I would update the soap opera that is my pool build....

Concrete guy had said last Tuesday that they would work on our deck after Memorial Day and it is now after Memorial Day...
It rained a little yesterday and I didn't hear from anyone.
I did text the PB around 9am yesterday morning asking when the masonry would be happening and what happened when he spoke with concrete guy. He finally responded around 5 that evening saying it would probably be next week for masonry as they are still waiting for the scuppers to arrive. He also said concrete guy was confident that he could work with us on a resolution for the deck. I have been hearing for 2 weeks they are waiting on the scuppers. I wonder if they are waiting for me to pay the addendum amount on the added cost of the deck upgrade before they will proceed...

This morning I texted both the concrete guy and the PB to see when we are scheduled for the deck work. About 30 minutes later, PB responded saying he spoke with concrete guy (probably because I had texted him) and that concrete guy would be calling to schedule with me. I then asked him when our gutters would be installed (they are coordinating the install to tie into our deck drains), he said he would check with the gutter company on scheduling. I then asked him to let me know what they say and I also asked when he thought they would be wrapping this project up. So far crickets...just crickets in response. I also have not received a phone call or return text from concrete guy.

I want to give concrete guy an opportunity to do whatever he plans to do to the concrete but I'm considering getting a structural engineer out here to evaluate the deck.

I'm just not even sure what to do at this point. I think a lawsuit would be expensive. Not sure if we could break our contract and have another builder finish for the $ we have left. There's still the equipment to install, firepit, pergola with lights and fan, scupper/firebowl wall, final grade and clean up, fence repair, plus step tile/accent tile placement, plaster and start up. We may just be stuck at their mercy.

This is a nightmare that I need to go away so I can sleep and move on with my life. The stress is just too much.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to follow as many builds as I can. I don't have time to post in them all, but, if you are reading this, know that I'm following along, cheering you on, sharing in your excitement and rejoicing with you!!

On a brighter note, we are starting the grandkids in swim lessons on Sat! My children used to both be on a swim team and proper swim lessons as well as water safety are high on our list of important things.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings-
Denise :)

I've been telling my coworkers I hope to take a few days off for a staycation when my pool is done....that really stinks that yours wasn't done in time. :mad:

That was the idea I had! Unfortunately, where I work, we have to request vacation time sometimes a year in advance or we have to find people willing to cover our shifts. I have another staycation planned for Labor Day weekend. SURELY I'll be able to enjoy that one...at least it's been a nice break from working so much, which I needed.
You should definately plan a staycation so you can honeymoon with your new pool when it's finished!!

So sad that something that should bring joy is bringing sadness instead :(

Here is all that listen to bring hope and peace to this build. Let the ones involved find a way to make things right and how they should be.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

I'm so sorry Denise! ☹️ I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. It will all work out! Look at Umm swimming in his pool now! Praying that they get it together and you're able to get things moving along. Sending many hugs!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and sometimes just a sickeningly polite "lawyer letter" for a couple hundred bucks ;). I'm too old to know if texts 'squeak' enough.

I sure hope you get satisfactory resolution and most of the summer swim season. Good luck with it all.

Concrete guy finally texted back late this afternoon and said he was "thinking Friday" would be when he would be here. I responded that we look forward to seeing him Friday morning. We'll see if/when he shows up. PB finally responded about the time frame for finishing. He said he would know more the end of this week (maybe depending on if I pay the deck addendum???) and that to finish we still had a few weeks. Looks like 4th of July is not going to be a pool party celebration...

How about posting your issue on social media(facebook, google reviews, yelp, etc) and see if you get a response.

I'm going to see how they "fix" the deck...

How is your build going???

- - - Updated - - -

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and sometimes just a sickeningly polite "lawyer letter" for a couple hundred bucks ;). I'm too old to know if texts 'squeak' enough.

I sure hope you get satisfactory resolution and most of the summer swim season. Good luck with it all.

I'm REALLY trying to be "squeaky"!! I'm just not very good at it. I'm much braver via text than I am on the phone!

Oh Nini, this is terrible that such a sweet and sparkley person has to go through this. It's not like you were asking for the moon. Your dream has been a long time coming, and to get so close is heartbreaking. I believe your dream will come true and praying that somehow, it will come true beyond your expectations. Let's think BIG! Keep the faith.

I like the idea of using social media. I admit I don't know much about it, but I was surprised to realize how much businesses are now relying on it for business and reviews. Could you post a simple status update and state that you're hoping they will live up to their reputation? I think you could put it in such a way that wouldn't offend. Positive expectations. That's your strength!

Praying peace and joy for you and praying the men in charge will open their hearts.
Hugs,
Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.