Hello Everyone

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
I should have said hello before I started asking for advice.

I bought my house in 2012 and never really used my backyard for anything besides for the dogs and a firepit. Fast forward to 2016 and I am having my first child, fast forward 2 more years and my 2nd child is born. Now things start to get interesting because after all this time I kept thinking how could a pool even be installed in my small backyard. I didnt want a small pool because everyone around me has these small pools and they just dont seem fun. very shallow and free form shapes.

I reached out to a pool company and it wasn't great, the guy said its not possible due to my 3 story house and little room in my yard. A few months later my neighbor sold his house and the guy that bought it decided to put a pool in. The area he installed it in was so small I was amazed he was able to make such great use of the land. Sure his pool was small but it was a POOL!!! That gave me hope so I spoke to the pool guys that were installing his. They looked at my yard and said sure we can squeeze in a 14x32 fiberglass pool that is 7ft at the deepest. I just couldnt believe it, I might just get a pool.

Finally got everything approved and I spent some time figuring out how I want it installed. The pool guys had to dig so much dirt out of my backyard I had 8 foot tall piles of sand complexity taking up the entire backyard. They managed to dig the hole out and kept the sand from falling back in. The pool gets craned in over my house by a 90ton crane, it was amazing seeing it. Pool gets backfilled and there is still tons of sand and I would have to pay to get it hauled away. The pool guys said maybe ask your neighbor behind you if they need some and you could get rid of it. I looked at the neighbors land and decided to see if he would sell me the small triangle section. I was able to buy it from him and that make my backyard even bigger. Everything just worked out great, I cannot believe it!!!

Thanks for those of you that read this, I really do appreciate it. I attached a few before and after photos.

Attachments

• poool.jpg
    poool.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 19
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Sweet job with the pool. I wanna see the 4 story house now if I may :) THAT has GOT to be neat !

What is your idea of a large yard!?! Seems plenty big enough to me. Congrat's on the pool. It looks fantastic. And congrat's on finding TFP (the best thing that ever happened to my pool!). Welcome!! :salut: