Hello everyone. Never built or owned a pool but ...

surferbum

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2013
North Scottsdale
Hello everyone. Never built or owned a pool but found this website while doing research. Looked at a couple of other websites but this seems to be the best.

Have bought a to-be-built house in north Scottsdale. The builder/developer allows some pool construction simultaneous with the home build (e.g., dig the hole) but allows only one PB (Premier Pools & Spas) for that feature. Started a thread with questions which I developed and hope to be better educated prior to my first face-to-face with the PB in 1 1/2 weeks.

BoDarville

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
DFW, Texas
surferbum:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

surferbum said:
Looked at a couple of other websites but this seems to be the best.
You've got that right :goodjob:

Will take a look at your other post and offer up any suggestions that have not been covered by other members.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
Welcome to TFP!

Lemme see if I understand correctly. Your home builder will only allow one pool builder to build your pool during the construction process? That sounds like some sort of kickback scheme to me.

surferbum

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2013
North Scottsdale
Could be. Their explanation is all about specifying subs on their liability insurance. The PB has a good rep so I'll take the high road on this one.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
Alright. Well, I'd go ahead and get a bid from them. Then I would go to a couple of other places and get bids. Compare after that.