Hello Everyone! Getting ready for 21 foot round AGP!

NoNamesLeft

May 30, 2020
Canada
I’ve been a long time lurker here and have learned so much from all the valuable posts here! Thank you for all the information you all share!!! I will be brushing up on the pool school info, ect so I can get this perfect from the start.

We have been doing the intext pool thing for years in various sizes, going up and up in size. Haha we call that tiny 8 foot pool we started with “the gateway pool” as it was the one that got us hooked😉

If the weather cooperates we have an install booked for our 21 foot round 52 inch above ground pool for sometime between 3rd week of May and 2 week of June. 🤗🤗🤗 I’m also going to have landscaping done by the same company doing the install immediately after the pool is up and filled so that the space can be completely finished and beautiful for us to enjoy!

I’ve attached a picture of the pool that is being installed and a drone shot of our yard where the pool will be going. The pool in this picture is our 18 foot one that has served us really well and will be given to a friend to enjoy once it’s no longer a massive ice cube. The pool installer measured to see if we could fit a 24 foot round there but due to how there is a bit of hill going from that spot to the main part of the back yard it’s just a little to big for that area.

Being in the Canadian prairies heat was a huge dream of mine as well, so we will be going with propane heat. My other too big asks were a solar cover reel (so one will be getting installed on posts on the side of the pool that is closet to the brush in the back) and an in pool cleaner/vacuum. I’m going to stay with liquid chlorine for now as it is what I’m familiar with and that system as always served me well. I may revisit the salt water system at some point but I figured I may as well stick with what I know to get started and I can always tinker with the system after this season.

I’m really excited to see this project get off the ground and starting to pick out landscaping options. Fingers crossed spring comes early here so our install is in May.

If anyone has any landscaping pictures they’ve done (or would like to do) around AGP’s or pool pictures they’d like to share for some inspiration feel free to share! I would love to see them.

Looking forward to continuing to learn from this group☺️

Attachments

• 167EC744-0C27-4A63-B901-2433D8E5A25E.jpeg
    167EC744-0C27-4A63-B901-2433D8E5A25E.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 24
  • A1BF77EC-8C32-4EF5-9940-AEF71E4D9BB2.jpeg
    A1BF77EC-8C32-4EF5-9940-AEF71E4D9BB2.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Hello! I really like the look of landscape rocks or pebbles. I’m dithering right now about what I want, but since my pool walls are gray, I think a medium blue/gray variety of river rock would look good!

It’s hard to tell from from photo - is the area for the pool grassy? Any current vegetation, flower beds, etc.?

I wouldn’t use mulch - breaks down too fast, tracks everywhere!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hi!

Yes there is some grass in that area and will be a small bit of it left after the new pool goes in. I was thinking of planting some hydrangea bushes on the side where the deck stairs come out to add some colour to the scape.

I’ll be doing some sort of rock around the pool, I haven’t decided which one yet but I’ll pick that out before the install. Ohhhhh a blue variety of River rock would be so pretty with your grey pool walls!!!!

The deck behind the house should be completed this spring. I don’t know if you can see or not but the stairs and sidewalk lead to the pool area. Since the deck is already so close to the pool we are not planning on building a deck around the pool.

I currently have black rubber mulch around that intext pool and didn’t mind it...didn’t hate it either. But I’d like to do a nice rock this time. I’ll remove it and put it somewhere else in the yard when I take down the old pool this spring.

I too had a “gateway pool” 🤣🤣 then they just kept getting bigger & bigger now i have a 33’ round. You’re going to really enjoy it! Feel free to ask questions along the way & post pics of your new beauty.

Mdragger - ohhhhh a 33 foot round!!!! Yeah....those gateway pools sucker some of us in😉 Thank you , I’ll take you up on that offer for sure. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!!!

Kellyfair - thats good to know they like iron! They should do well here then! I’ll water them straight from our well as we have crazy high iron in our ground water. Haha I may have found out during my pool adventures over the years after I topped up a smaller pool with well water what happens when iron and chlorine mix😂😬🤦‍♀️

There is quite a bit of dead ugly brush behind where the pool is going. Today my menfolk are going out to start cutting down the dead trees and clear it out dead brush so it’ll be a nicer area to look at this spring. It’s not a pool install but it’s a step closer to getting the project started!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.