Hello and help from New Jersey confused

Thank you everyone great forum and lots of help.finished part 2 of drain and fill at 1am this morning pool math added 4.6 bottles of 121 oz concentrated clorox[can only find concentrated]at 3am went to work .my wife took a reading at 7am fc 2.5 /cc 3.5 at 330 pm reading was fc 1/cc 1
drain fill gave me a 50 cya at the end .so i started the slam process.am I doing it correctly how many jugs of chlorine should i go through to get to slam level 24 .Thanks Mike

zero to 24 in a 15000 gallon pool will take 543 ounces. That's 4.5 121 oz jugs of Clorox 8.25% concentrated bleach just for the initial dose. You will need to replenish it frequently.

attachment.php

Last night I did the OCLT FC was 17 this morning FC was 13 CC 0 pool is clear lost 4 ppm fc I guess i need to continue slam process ,been slaming pool since monday am i right that i should continue slam.during day i have alot of sun exposure.Thanks Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am staying at it just added 249 oz bleach per pool math heading to costco today for more bleach.They had none last weds night guess I'm not the only one in Old Bridge NJ slamming there pool LOL .The end should be near waiting on my reorder of R-0871 and R-0870 a word of advice to anyone starting from the begining buy the XL kit when you order .

Good Morning,OFCLT night reading FC 20, at 7am reading FC 15 lost 5ppm overnight pool is crystal clear the best it ever has been.My concern is been slaming since last monday is this normal that 6 days has past and i still cant pass the OFCLT .Did a complete test with the TF-100 kit here are the results.

CL 5
PH 7.2
FC 15
CC 0
TC 15
CH 225
TA 80
CYA 60

Thanks again,Mike

Brush, brush, brush. Clean everything. Ladders, stairs, light niche (remove and scrub). The only thing you lose FC to at night is algae or bacteria. Test in the evening when fully dark. Morning before sunrise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brush, brush, brush. Clean everything. Ladders, stairs, light niche (remove and scrub). The only thing you lose FC to at night is algae or bacteria. Test in the evening when fully dark. Morning before sunrise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response been brushing and vacuming daily needed or not ,light niche great idea since its a under water light in deep end will have to figue out how to remove

Low and behold the light niche is filled with algae its a hayward dura niche i beleive at least thats what book says cant seem to remove screw but with some twisting the fixture it moves is there a screw or simply pry off that is the question thank you JVTrain for pointing this out will post pics

Usually a single screw at 12 o'clock on the light face needs to be removed. At the bottom of the light there is a tab. Screw comes out, tilt top outward and lift out of lower tab.

All brands are slightly different so your mileage may vary...

It's a gross, but VERY satisfying feeling to see a cloud of algae come out of a light niche when you scrub it (TOILET BRUSH!). Especially after you've been just failing OCLT, like you are and I was.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.