LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
... Is something I hear all the time from friends that are happy to be "Pool Stored". (After all there is NO WAY I can know more about pool care than a "professional".)
I just shrug and mention that mine could use the refill.

My Pool, after we just received 2"+ of rain within the past 15 hours.
0uZowZV.jpg

Reactions: Newdude and zea3
Same here !!! I put off getting a pool being afraid of rain. Every last storm, half the pools I knew went cloudy and the other half went green. Why would I want that headache all the time. And all those friends had their pools for years and years...... so they HAD to know what they were doing....... :ROFLMAO:

As it turns out, if the chemistry is right, it will laugh at a teeny tiny addition of some fresh water. Everybody else was on the brink of failure. Who knew ?

We were supposed to get rain from that tropical storm. It didn’t make it all the way up to WNC. I was banking on it to refill some evaporation loss. Now I’m using the well. Oh. Well. Lol

We definitely get our fair share of heavy rain events here in the Houston area. When it gets really heavy I do freak out a bit as the overflow drain can't keep up and water starts to get dangerously close to the coping. I've never seen it go over the coping, but I'm guessing it's just a matter of time (or maybe it has already happened over night while I didn't see).

Otherwise I do appreciate the free refills of water without any CH and lower TA than my normal fill water from the tap. It does definitely dilute my salt and CYA levels though.... we had over a foot of rain here just in May of this year and my pool lost about 700ppm of salt in that time.

Reactions: Newdude and RonsPlc
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.