Heavy Rain During Gunite - Help Requested

May 24, 2021
Dallas, TEXAS
PB decided that this Monday with so much rain in forecast to do the gunite.

We had so much rain coming from rain into the pool. Gunite was caving several times during the rain. Eventually it was all complete and they covered it with tarp. Next day noticed, shell was caved in few places and some places with crack. PB has not told the exact plan of how he will fix it. He mentions this is not very bad and he should be able to fix it. He is asking the gunite folks now.

I have posted few pictures for review. Appreciate all the insights you are able to provide.

Should I be worried? How do they fix it in these situations? What things to watch out for? Why do you think there is so much water dripping near the pipes. Please see the pictures.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Those are some significant cracks. I am sure they can be filled in and sealed, but you want the structural integrity to be there. That is what the gunite shell is primarily for.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Hey Marty, Thanks for the response. I had not checked out the link you sent now. Thanks for sharing that. I will cover that over the weekend. I have been going through past posts who may have had similar experiences to mine. I have only been a member in this community for the past few days. Feel like I have learnt a lot compared to what I knew before.

I have learnt from so many others and you also have pointed out, gunite provides the structure to the pool. I will have to find out if there is any risk to the structural integrity.

PB decided that this Monday with so much rain in forecast to do the gunite.

We had so much rain coming from rain into the pool. Gunite was caving several times during the rain. Eventually it was all complete and they covered it with tarp. Next day noticed, shell was caved in few places and some places with crack. PB has not told the exact plan of how he will fix it. He mentions this is not very bad and he should be able to fix it. He is asking the gunite folks now.

I have posted few pictures for review. Appreciate all the insights you are able to provide.

Should I be worried? How do they fix it in these situations? What things to watch out for? Why do you think there is so much water dripping near the pipes. Please see the pictures.
Hi - Just wondered what happened with your Gunite cracks? Were they fixed to your satisfaction and how do you know that the repair is adequate? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.