Heating up my Intex 32ftx16ftx52in pool

Melle

Jul 28, 2019
South-Holland
Hi TFP forum,

Excuse me for my English, it isn't my first language, so I'm trying my best! Last year I've put up my swimming pool of 14,364 gallons of water. I'm living in The Netherlands, a country that doesn't have the best weather for such a pool to heat up (quickly). This year I wanted to try something else to heat up the pool quicker than the way I did last year (used a solar cover) and I wanted to know if someone has any experience with this method of heating a large pool.

The way I wanted to heat my pool is by making use of a wood stove with a coil in it where the water runs through. I will make use of heat protected tubes etcetera.
20180327_081853-1-scaled.jpg72-scaled.jpg
Here's a picture of the stove I'm going to use and one picture of the coil in it. I wanted to know if someone on this forum has any experience with heating up a large pool using this method and could give me some tips or do's and don'ts. I'm mainly worried about the heated water affecting the 'plastic' of the input of my pool.

The stove itself costs about $1300 (the costs are mainly the coil, which is made of stainless steel 316, 22m tubing and them assembling it for me).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Think about the difference between 14000 gallons, and the amount of water that can be in the tubes. I don't think it will be very effective, not to mention that you will be spending a lot of time and money feeding wood into the stove.

Think about the difference between 14000 gallons, and the amount of water that can be in the tubes. I don't think it will be very effective, not to mention that you will be spending a lot of time and money feeding wood into the stove.

I was thinking about that aswell. Since the tube is around 48 metres long, I thought it would keep water long enough in it to fully heat up and since the pump would be running, slowly but surely it would raise the temperature of the pool. Maybe this is just the beginner me talking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.