Heating a 12'x30" pool

jennak

Aug 6, 2018
carver mn
We have a 12'x30" above ground intex pool, and it's COLD. We have a solar cover that we keep on it all the time, but the kids still don't want to use it unless it's over 90* outside. We live in MN so those days don't happen often. I'm at my wits end with trying to get them to use it, I'm sick of maintaining it and no one using it. Pretty sure they'd be more likely to use it if the water was warmer. Any ideas?

Love my heat pump too! We’re in winter here in Australia and my kids have been swimming the whole time although August is the usually the worst month so we will see. Even if they forgo a few weeks I can’t complain about them swimming 11 months of the year. As long as the ambient temp is over 20*C they’re in. Youngest has been known to swim when it’s 16*C and he’s a skinny thing that usually feels the cold. Water set to 30*C which is a bit cool for me. I will up it to 32*C in spring for myself. Best investment we made for our pool.

Another vote for using a heat pump, It makes my pool usable everyday over summer here in the not so hot UK.

Plus if your pool is only 12 foot you can use the same easy plug into the mains power socket version without having to pay to have it hardwired, so much easier putting it away once the season is over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.