Heater with freeze protect

Edmondpool

Feb 14, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
We have a waterfall feature on our pool and freeze protect on the Hayward system. It is on, as we are having record low temps here. The surface of the pool is freezing. Can we turn the heater on with the freeze protect on? Will one interfere with the other?

People are the forum and the gentleman at the pool store said it is not recommended. I'm in Tulsa and I just got back in from pulling the plugs on the equipment b/c our pool surface was frozen and our power went off for less than 30 seconds. Just made realize that its going to be too cold to be running the pool. I'm just worried about the skimmer b/c I'm not able to drain the pool any lower.

Reactions: mknauss
I'm just worried about the skimmer b/c I'm not able to drain the pool any lower.
Put a 2 liter bottle or other plastic bottle, weighed down with stones or RV anitfreeze inside the bottle, into the skimmer. As the water freezes, the bottle will crush to help protect the skimmer.

Reactions: donnosu
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.