Heater vent stack

Jun 11, 2018
Oakville, ON
I've had my pool setup for 2 and a bit years now and am wondering about a vent stack/chimney for my pool heater.
The heater is a Hayward H250FDN and currently doesn't have a chimney. The equipment now enclosed in a shelter and I'm thinking I need to change the vent from the stock to a chimney style vent. The question that I have though is that Hayward offers 2 different vent stack kits for their heaters - a positive-pressure vent kit and a negative-pressure vent kit.
Can someone explain the difference between the two and what should I use for my setup if I want to vent straight up?
Thanks!

I think you want negative pressure stack for a straight up vent.

From

Use positive pressure vent adapters with heaters that are power vented, when going through a side wall of your home or building. Use negative pressure vent adapters with heaters that are naturally drafted, vertically through roof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.