Heater Reccomendation

Feb 27, 2011
Marietta, Georgia
I currently have an older gas Pentair MiniMax Heater. Its not firing up and thinking of just going a full replacement instead of continuing to chase it with repairs. Have a 30k gal SWG pool in Atlanta, GA and will only use it to heat spa not pool. What gas heaters does the TFP brain trust reccomend.

The model is a Pentair MiniMax 400 DV so I am assuming it is 400BTU. I have never heated my whole pool nor will I ever. I just use it for the Spa. I value being able to heat the spa quickly and when working use it possibly a dozen times year. I have a JXI 400 NG quoted for $3,850. Looking to for a lot of bang for buck. Since its gas thinking I will not be able to to myself.

1) Is there a do it yourself option or will I need a professional? If so do I have to go through a pool tech or will any old plumber be able to do it and still get full warranty.

2) What models do you suggest that are the best value?

Thanks, Sam

Gas heater requires water, electrical, and gas connections. In many areas gas connections require a licensed professional.

A Pool tech is not required, a licensed plumber with a gas license can do it. Warranty depends on what heater you buy and where from.

I would get a Raypak heater over a Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.