Heater on a timer?

Jul 13, 2015
Southeast Michigan
We recently purchased a Raypak 206 heater to hook up and the intermatic T101p3 timer. I was originally thinking that we didn’t want the heater on the timer since I don’t plan to use it regularly. Now I am wondering maybe we need it on a timer incase I forget to turn it off. It could be harmful to have the heater on with the pump off, correct? So if this is the case, I need to get a DPST timer and a fireman’s switch right? T103? I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Someone else will need to come along and give some answers to the hardware you will need to accomplish your goal, but I can confirm that it could potentially be harmful to the heater to have sudden loss of water flow while the heater is burning

My 406a heater uses an intermatic t104r timer with the intermatic fireman's switch, works great and ensures the heater isn't running when the pump is off. I didn't look up the spec for your heater but mine is 240v, if you are using 120 the t103r should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.