Heater for Intex size pool

lpranger467

Aug 27, 2019
Philadelphia PA
Hello, We get very little sun in my yard so my 10 foot round pool stays around 71 degrees. I did a solar heater that works as long as its hot and sunny. I'm considering a heat pump but it seems like a lot of the reviews on smaller BTU units arent too rosy, anyone have any experience with these

I don't think a lot of people do a heater, even a lot of larger pools don't have them. We thought about it many times, had access to a couple of boilers but the piping and work to install it seemed like a bit much. Never considered a heat pump. Mostly people just don't swim when it's cold.

I always did like the redneck wood fire boilers people set up with the Intex pools though, that sounds fun. Not gonna do it, but fun.

Reactions: Newdude
I'm not seriously suggesting you try what's in this picture but it is one of my favorites so I had to share.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190722-130710_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190722-130710_Gallery.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.