Heater controlled "dumb" automation - Jandy JXi "versaflo" output to trigger relay for VS pump

MattMoore

May 11, 2022
Kingston, On, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

Working my way through the internet and the manuals for the Jandy heater (that I have) and a Hayward variable speed super pump (do not have yet); Im wondering if anyone has insight to if this may or may not work....

The JXi heater has optional Versaflo (do not have) valve that the existing control board triggers an output when there is a call for heat.
The Hayward pump allows for an external control through relays for non-supported automation. Could a relay put on the output from the Versaflo trigger the relay for the VS pump to switch to high speed when the heater is heating?

Im not really interested in a full blown automation system.

Thanks!
Matt

What specific model Hayward VSP are you getting?

good find. I cant find any reference to that pin out or how it would operate.

I do have access to a meter; I could check it out but would be beneficial to understand it from the manufacturer perspective.

correction, I think I found the description on page 37. it would control a relay to turn the pump on for a minute to maintain heat. not certain how that would work with VSP that is always on and then this output would kick-up. Thank you for that. I will have to figure this out. Its a much better solution than using the Versaflo output.

@MattMoore I am in the same situation as you and trying to figure out how the JXi260 pump output contact would work (maintain pool heat mode). My new pool will have a Jxi260 heater and a Jandy VS 1.85HP pump. My pump has 4 dry contacts for different speeds to be triggered by an external device. Please let me know if you figured this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.