blkennedy73

Jan 5, 2024
Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi. I am new here with a new in-ground pool and spa and hope to find a solution.
Here's my equipment:
Hayward W3H135FD Gas Heater (for spa only)
OmniPL panel
OmniHub for Automation

I have my heater currently set to bypass operation. I can turn it on and off with the OmniLogic iPhone app but the omnipro logic does not honor the desired temp I set. For example, if I set the temp to 95F it continues to climb to as high as 105F. My pool contractor is no help and I can't get in touch with anyone at Hayward. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Brian

Welcome to TFP.

Show us what your heater looks like. The Hayward W3H135FD Gas Heater is an above ground pool heater...

and not the usual H-Series heater we see in pools...

because the first thing we need to understand is how the heater is wired to your OmniPL?

Is it wired to a high voltage relay?

Or to the Firemans switch?

Confirm that you have a 2 wire connection between the heater and the OmniPL board.

Post pics of both sides of the connection.

You have the heater showing bo when under the OmniPL control?

1704480103773.png

OmniPL panel
OmniHub for Automation

Do you have the OmniPL panel or the OmniHub? They are two different automation products...

The heater’s com wire should be wired to a low voltage relay in the OmniPL. Since you only have 1 heater LV1 or LV2 should both be open. In Hayward’s gas heaters there are always a wire kit inside of the heaters panel. Check to see if it’s there or even hooked up at all.