Heat pump not heating...suggestions?

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
We got this heat pump aug 2017, barely ran that year, so really just 2 full seasons on it...went out the other ray and pool was not up to temp. Water coming back in not heated even though heat pump was running. We started paying attention to how it was running and seemed like The fan kept changing its speed, kind of "surging" and slowing back down ... Outside of that it seems to sound perfectly normal.

We killed the circuit breaker and will turn back on tomorrow to see if it will "reset", but hoping for some troubleshooting i can do myself...thank you in advance for any input!

Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, ECO6110 intex swg, city water, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer,Hayward HP50HA Above Ground Pool Heat Pump 50K, Intex Auto Pool Cleaner~Fall River Ks

Not much troubleshooting you can do on a HP. It is like an AC system. If the compressor and fan are running then next thing to check is the refrigerant levels.

You need the right equipment and in some areas licensing or certification. I don’t think you can acquire refrigerant without it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.