Heat pump finally!

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
20170902_103827.jpg
my heat pump is up and running! And we now have professionally installed electric out by the pool and no more extension cords across the yard! I have to say that the booklet that came with it was not all that helpful at first glance that I figured out enough that I think I've got it set up correctly... and I think I can speak Chinese now...

- - - Updated - - -

The blue bucket over the power is temporary...

It was a little bit confusing on how to set the difference in water temperature part because I believe the manual is in Celsius so I just made that assumption and instead of making its a 20 and 22 for a 2° c difference I made it say 84 and 80642 degrees Fahrenheit difference... hopefully that was the correct move

And not to sound dumb but I just want to make sure... if I change my unit to Fahrenheitfrom Celsius, I can set my T02 at 84 and my T03 at 86 and that will create a situation where the heat pump will kick in anytime my water gets down to 84 and will rise it up to 86 before it shuts off again... I think this is what I understand but I just want to verify that somebody else sees it the same way... thank you in advance

Is T02 entering water temp and T03 leaving water temp? That doesnt really have anything to do with the heating the pool. That is for setting the water flow rate. When you turn the heat pump on put it in heat mode and then press the up or down arrow o set the target water temp. The heater will run until it reaches the set temp and shut off. I'm not sure how low the temp needs to drop before it turns back in again, probably 1 or 2 degrees. It will also shut off when the pump shuts off.

20170902_100148.jpg

This is the page that is causing me the confusion... it says it's for water flow setting but then it also talks about setting it so that there's a 2-degree difference... so if these numbers don't indicate degrees then I should probably set it exactly as the book shows rather than assuming that it's Celsius, and knowing i switched to Fahrenheit and inputting 84 and 86 to achieve a 2 degree difference

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It should be 2 degrees C, or 3.6 degrees F. So, it should be set so that the leaving water temp is 3.6 degrees F warmer then the entering water temp. Or switch it back to Celsius and set 8t for 2 degrees warmer and then switch it back to F.

So if I want my water to be 86 I set it to be the goal temperature and then I go into this and set t02 as 82.4 and t03 as 86... I'm pretty sure that's what I did but I will double check it tomorrow. I found the manual to be a little bit lacking in very specific directions for newbs like me, lol...

No, T02 and T03 are only used for the initial set up to get the flow rate through the heater set. Once that is set then T02 and T03 aren't used anymore. To set the target temp use the up and down arrow to set the target temp after turning on the heater.

How do you have your t02 and t03 set? I was under the impression that the job of this setting was to determine at what point it turns itself back on based on how cool the water has gotten or if you're using the automatic option it determines when the heating or cooling kicks in depending on if the water is too hot or too warm based on your initial temperature setup

From the manula:
Water Flow Setting
While the heat pump is running and the water inlet and outlet valves are open, adjust the by-
pass valve to obtain a difference of 2ºC between the water inflow and outflow temperatures (see
Functional Diagram Section 3.1). You can check the setting by viewing the inflow (T02)/outflow
(T03) temperatures directly on the control panel by following the procedure below.
Then adjust the by-pass to obtain a difference of 2ºC between T03 and T02

Do you have a heater bypass? It doesn't look like you have a heater bypass so you can skip this part.

To set the desired water temp push the up and down arrows on the control panel.

Oh, so the t02 and t03 are irrelevant to my set up and I just need to set my desired temp sounds like...ok, thanks! I will say that the money spent on this heater and the electrical has been worth every single penny after just a couple of days!

do pool thermometers go bad? mine is showing 80 or so on my water right now, but the heat pump display says the water coming into it is 84 - I would like to think my $4 thermometer is the one that is wrong and not my brand spanking new $1400 heat pump :(

the heat pump turned off yesterday when the thermometer read 86 - but I had to set it on 90 to get it to do that...and it never came back on overnight so I woke up to 80 degree water this morning...got it to turn back on , still set for 90 , but it turned off again while temp still reading 80 on the thermometer

a bit baffled...I am sure I am doing something incorrectly, just gotta figure out what!

Pool thermometers are nearly always wrong. Just like test strips. :)

So, the heat pump was set to 90 and the thermometer on the heat pump was reading 86 and it stayed off all night? Was the pump on? Is there a timer set on the heat pump? You might need to delete the timers.

the heat pump was set to 90, the floating thermometer said 86 - so I am guessing that what we have always thought was 86 degrees is actually closer to 90...the pump/filter set up runs all the time to keep the bugs from taking over since I live in a buggy area. I don't think there are any timers set, but I will go thru the delete process to be sure. thanks for your patience while I figure out the learning curve on this bad boy...god forbid I get anything actually complicated! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.