Heat pump damage

jkxpooldesign

Jun 27, 2019
Florida
I just got plumbing installed and the equipment set today. During my inspection I noticed the heat pump was “fins” were damaged due to improper handling. The installer strapped it too hard onto his hand truck and compressed the fins (see photos below). Any thoughts if This is a big issue ?

E9F49B26-77F2-41A8-8FA2-59260EDE5DD0.jpeg976F8DFA-06BA-4677-9CFA-1B04C436EB23.jpeg8E8BDE4E-7545-4DCA-AB12-D1F11D0E9095.jpeg

I can't really see the extent of the damage. A small damaged area should not effect the operation of the HP.

However I would document the damage and report it to your builder and possibly make a warranty claim with Hayward and let them sort it out.

I can't really see the extent of the damage. A small damaged area should not effect the operation of the HP.

However I would document the damage and report it to your builder and possibly make a warranty claim with Hayward and let them sort it out.

Noted. I’ve already notified my PB. We shall see what he says. The damage looks fairly superficial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.