Head pressure making my head hurt

JCNOK

Jun 20, 2018
Collinsville Oklahoma
First pool / post take it easy on me please.

Trying to find the sweet spot to run our vsp cost wise. Would like to run the pump for extended periods of time to keep the pool cooled off using the trouble free pool coolers.

Head pressure at 100% 70. Head pressure at 60% little over 2000 RPM is 20. Trying to understand these flowcharts has me a bit confused. I should take the head pressure reading at the rate i intend the pump to run at to determine my GPM correct?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

Forget about trying to determine the head loss and flow rates. They are just not required. If you want to run the pump added to most efficient Point, set the RPMs to around 1,200. That may or may not be enough flow for other requirements like skimming ability, running a cleaner, operating an swg.

J,

If you have a SWCG, then the lowest speed you want to run is whatever RPM will close your SWCG's flow switch plus 100 RPM..

As Jason suggests, run at 1200 and see if the SCWG's flow switch is closed.. If not, increase the RPM a little at a time until the flow switch closes and then add about 100 RPM.

Depending on your pool, this same speed could be used to skim..

I run my pump at 1250 RPM most of the time.. This gives me the chlorine I need and skims at the same time.

We might be able to give you some basic ideas, but you are just going to have to experiment to see what works for you and your pool equipment.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.