Midwest
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Has anyone used this? Is it accurate? I have trouble distinguishing the colors in my Taylor safety kit, and I’m having trouble finding a borate test kit. I thought this would be a good alternative, and it is available at Home Depot. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 11FEEB64-FB64-45AE-8D79-711AD1550479.jpeg
    11FEEB64-FB64-45AE-8D79-711AD1550479.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 13
In what ways do you think this kit would be an improvement on your TF-100? The pH is the same color matching and this kit has proven to be unreliable when FC is above 5 ppm (compared to the k-1000 which is good to 10 ppm FC). The OTO is the same as the k-1000 that came with your TF-100. The TA test is pretty much the same, but can be bleached out so might be harder to read at higher FC levels. Not sure where borates come in, did you misread "bromine" as "borates"? This kit definitely does not test for borates, sorry. It also lacks a CYA test and an FAS-DPD chlorine test, both vital to following TFPC, and a CH test which is less vital for your pool but still good to have.

Anyway, yes, I have used it and no I didn't find it particularly accurate. It's what my TF-100 replaced, in fact.

Last edited:
Thank you, yes I did miss read Borate for Bromine. So I still don’t have a Borate test strip. I have ordered the Lamont test strips. I was hoping that I had more color options to choose from, and that it might be easier to read. But you are correct it is not any easier to read.
So, now I have added 48 pounds of Borax to my pool, and 3 1/2 gallons of muriatic acid. I think I will stop now until I get my test strips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.