Hazy/cloudy water only after running robot (M600)?

CPM10V

Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently purchased an M600 robot, it has worked real well as far as cleaning (the iOS app needs work). I’ve noticed that after (& during) the water develops a little haze/slightly cloudy; prior to running robot water is much more clear. Any ideas on why the cloudiness? It’s a 25k gal plaster (now painted, previous owner) pool in ground, sand filter. I backwashed filter upon first noticing & water cleared back up, ran cleaner again & cloudy again. Any ideas on whether this is normal or something else going on?

If you brush the bottom before you run it does it cloud any? If so, you have silt/sediment it's stirring up.

Which filters are you running it with, the screen/fabric (spring) or the corrugated (ultra fine) ones?

I’ve run the unit 3x so far, factory-loaded mesh/corrugated filter set. Think it’s worth swapping out filters to the other set they included? Prior to the first run I gave the pool a cursory brushing, nothing too extreme. I’ll have to brush first & try again/take more notes. Just seems strange/coincidental noticing this after using the robot.

My fine filters are not mesh. Be sure you have the fine filters in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190805-022046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190805-022046_Chrome.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2
Ah I’ve still got the 2 pleated in & the 2 plastic/mesh (spring) filters in. I’ll
swap out with the other set of pleated filters they included. Maybe that since the “rough” cleaning is done the full fine filtration may capture some of the fine debris that is creating the haze? I’ll post back tonight after trying.

Reactions: Tena
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.