- Hayward

ErikU19

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2012
Good morning,

Did some basic troubleshooting; Power Cycle; Cable Check on pump, Cable Check on Panel, remove and clean terminals but the error persists. I can turn the pump on manually via the top panel and set timers, but that obviously doesn't help the automation/variable speed/timers side.

i saw a previos issue from a few years back where the top drive on the pump had to be replaced - just wondering if anyone else has some info/help?

This is the 5th issue with Hayward equipment. I've had 3 LED Colorlogic lights replaced (the 3 new ones have all failed outside warranty), Heater failure (obstructed blower tube) and now this pump. Not sure impressed with Hayward so far...

Last edited:
Press the pump Menu button until the Diagnostic screen appears. Press > to scroll through the information. When you get to Event log, press + to review.

Report all information.

You can also try turning off power for 20 minutes and then back on.

Inspect the data wire between the interface and drive.
Disconnect the wires from the display and re-connect. If the error has not been eliminated, check the Diagnostic Menu. If the drive rev values are at “0” replace the interface. If the values are correct, replace the drive.

Thanks for the help, James.

I previously disconnected, re clamped the wires and reconnected. Same error and its showing the same drive info as above. No errors in the pump logs, just power cycles. Diagnostics on the pump just show Comm Bus Offline.

It doesnt look like the Aqualogic has an event log. It also isnt connecting to the aqua connect...

Last edited:
Turn off the breaker and disconnect the green 4-terminal block in the upper left labeled remote display.

Wait 2 minutes and restore power with the terminal block disconnected.

See if that resolves the pump communication problem.

James - the 4 terminal remote display block inside the aqualogic has 2 wires going to the drive on the bump. powered down, disconnected block, waited and then powered the system back on with it removed.

same issue, Aqualogic panel turns yellow, says vsp comm error. pump comes on and can manually be set to run without issue.

Aqua connect still not reaching the panel, either. all signs point to aqua connect panel issue?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check for 120 volts at the power input to the board terminals marked 120 VAC 2A.

What are the first 4 of the box serial number? It should start with something like 3L.

Maybe show a picture of the board to see if anything is obvious.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.