hayward wide mouth intex install

Are you installing a through-wall skimmer on your Intex pool?
You'll want the top of the skimmer box as high on the wall as you can.
Yes, I believe that is what I've seen others doing. Since I am going to be fixing leveling in the fall, should I wait till then? Is it bad to remove the skimmer after installed? Just wondering if the vinyl is delicate post cutting to not disturb it.

It sounds like the cutting is easy but nerve wrecking! Might have to have a

Reactions: splashpad
Make sure you fill the pool up to several inches below where you plan to cut, before you cut. This is so wall will be pre-stretched.

Cut slowly and carefully! When you install, use the butterfly gasket the way that it is, with one layer outside of the pool and one layer inside. Don’t cut gasket into two pieces.

I installed the faceplate after cutting so that the screw holes would be precisely placed, then removed it and installed skimmer. Do put the top of the skimmer high up on the wall, although you’ll see comments that your top cut should be below the seam.

Reactions: Waltheraustin
Thanks everyone!

Regarding my question and having to relevel the pool. Should I do that prior to cutting and mounting?

I'm thinking that once it's cut, the pool should never be moved or drained. If so, I've got some work to do prior.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.