Hayward Universal H-Series Heater

The Ray-Pak/Rheem Digital with the Cupro -Nickel heat exchanger gets my vote. The two brands are the same company/heater with different distribution channels and different wind stack/vent mountings that are normally only used installed indoors or in Very windy locations. It's usually less money than the newer Pentair/Sta-Rite models (very good heater though) and I refuse to trust anything Hayward.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
The Ray-Pak/Rheem Digital with the Cupro -Nickel heat exchanger gets my vote. The two brands are the same company/heater with different distribution channels and different wind stack/vent mountings that are normally only used installed indoors or in Very windy locations. It's usually less money than the newer Pentair/Sta-Rite models (very good heater though) and I refuse to trust anything Hayward.

Scott
Totally agree, Hayward is great for everything except there heaters; Rheem is the best

Installed my Raypak 266A propane heater. Easy to wire. Had a little problem setting up for Remote. The install manual was a little confusing on how the Remote works. Finally figured out that you have to turn it to "remote off" to set the temp(for pool/spa) and then turn it back to "remote" for control at the spa side remote control which basically locks the panel out at the heater.

I definitely like how quite the unit is and it heated my spa from 77 to 98 degrees in 35 min. Very happy I got ride of the Mini Max NT. Got sick of messing with that thing.

Attachments

• Raypak Rheem 266A.JPG
    Raypak Rheem 266A.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 100
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.