Hayward TriStar (2 speed) Pump Won't start

Feb 13, 2014
Central California
I have a TriStar (2 speed) pump SP3210Z2BER pump that suddenly will not turn on today. No sound at all. It was working yesterday. I have checked the usual things, power is getting to the pump. Even though there was no buzz sound when switched on, I replaced the capacitor which did not help. The pump is not frozen, I was able to turn it from the back cover and I can spin the impeller through the basket area.

Is there anything else I can check before either replacing the motor or placing a service call? The motor is about 12 years old.

Thanks

I

To finish off the solution for this issue. I was still having intermittent problems where the pump would not start. I have an Intermatic T10604R enclosure that has a T104M that controls power to the pump. It looks like it was bad on one pole. I replaced it with a new one and now the pump is working consistently. Yay!

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.