Hayward Tigershark Impeller Won't Stop Spinning

Spidey9000

May 19, 2020
Long Island
So I replaced the drive bearing today because it came apart when I started taking everything apart to look for blockages. Still the same behavior though. It's cycles up, moves a foot or so and then the impeller kicks on and runs forever. It seems like it could be a bad circuit board maybe? I'd love to get confirmation before I drop a few hundred dollars on a motor that may or may not be the problem. Or is it time to buy a new vacuum?

Spidey9000

May 19, 2020
Long Island
Maybe this troubleshooting guide will help. Check out page 67.
I went through this guide before posting. The drive pin looks OK and it does roll back and forth as it cycles up. It only stops once the impeller kicks on and won't stop. I emailed Hayward over the weekend. We'll see if they get back to me.

artie37

May 20, 2020
Albany NY
Hey guys, i want to give you an update on mine. Things were going smooth with the new belts for a couple weeks until the motor just completely gave out. I ordered a new one on Amazon for $300. Dang thing requires a proprietary torque wrench that costs $300 to torque that white plug the cable goes through down to 50 inch pounds. I also had to change the seal on the cable which required taking apart the cable at the end. Thankfully they give you a new seals and a cap for the cable. This video was very helpful with that process. I ended up tightening down the white cable plug with a pair of needle nose pliers until it was snug.

The tigershark is working great now. Im very happy to have to only spend a total of $350 for a robot that I found on the side of the road. I'm a little nervous about having no way to tighten the plug down to spec, but there seems to be other people online that had good luck doing it the way I did. Only time will tell!