Hayward Tiger Shark

I purchased this Tigershark about 12 years ago ,during that time replaced tracks and bearings. Has been running great all Summer until now. Unit runs for a short period of time then stops, checked output voltage from controller was 28vdc. I am thinking the motor has gone bad, does that sound about right.

You mean the impeller?

12 years for one shark is like a car with over 500,000 miles. You better clean her up and put her on the wall as the longest hayward shark that has ever existed...count your blessings. In 3 yrs, I had everything except the plastic shell replaced: tracks, bearings of all kinds, the handle 3 times, the entire motor, the 50 ft cord, etc. One bill would have been $485.00 if not under warranty.

I just spent another $125 dollars on more tracks, bearings of all kinds and impeller and did the work myself.

I purchased this Tigershark about 12 years ago ,during that time replaced tracks and bearings. Has been running great all Summer until now. Unit runs for a short period of time then stops, checked output voltage from controller was 28vdc. I am thinking the motor has gone bad, does that sound about right.
Mine did the same thing, took sand paper to the two prongs at the end of the electrical chord (chord that comes out of the crawler) that plugs into the caddy unit. Now it is running fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.