mfifield01

May 11, 2022
Bee Cave, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been researching SWG systems and came across a lot of similarities between manufacturers. Is there one parent company that makes most of these systems? For instance, the Hayward Aquarite, CircuPool Universal, and Pureline systems look exactly the same. The Pureline cell is interchangeable with the Hayward. The control panels on all of these are nearly identical. Even the manuals read very similar.

Hayward developed the Aquarite design. Actually it was Goldline that Hayward acquired. Goldline Controls®, began as Independent Energy, Inc., a company founded in 1975. In 1994, the company began producing Aqua Rite® salt chlorinators for swimming pools.

Hayward® Industries, Inc. acquired Goldline Controls® in August 2004

I've been researching SWG systems and came across a lot of similarities between manufacturers. Is there one parent company that makes most of these systems? For instance, the Hayward Aquarite, CircuPool Universal, and Pureline systems look exactly the same. The Pureline cell is interchangeable with the Hayward. The control panels on all of these are nearly identical. Even the manuals read very similar.
The other models are Chinese clones of the Aquarite system. They may all come from one Chinese
factory or a few related ones. You can buy white label goods and put your own branding on it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hate to necro this but I did just come across this civil case Hayward Indus. v. Ningbo C.F. Elec. Tech Co., CIVIL ACTION NO. 3:20-CV-00710-FDW-DSC, (W.D.N.C. May. 27, 2021) (“CIVIL ACTION NO. 3:20-CV-00710-FDW-DSC”), where Ningbo C.F. Elec. Tech Co. was listed as the manufacturer for BlueWorks. I have no idea if the products for BlueWorks and PureLine are the same, but it looks like they have the same manufacturer.

Even the manuals read very similar.
You'll notice the same when comparing manuals of the made-in-China pumps (Calimar, Pureline, B&D, Circupool) vs some Pentair pumps.

I have a Pureline SWG and I'm happy with it so far. Was much less expensive than a Hayward even with 60k cell vs Hayward 40k.