Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
First post from first time pool owner…sorry if this is a dumb question. I have a T Cell 940 and Hayward Pro Logic controller. My salt levels have consistently differed from the 3 tests I’ve done at Leslie’s and what the system shows. My builder said the controller should be set to T-9, but after I read about the 940, I read that it should be set to T-15. I made the change and salt level is closer to tested number. Can someone confirm T-15 is the correct setting? Thanks

It would be best to have your own salt test kit - Taylor K-1766
Pool store and test strip results are always suspect.

How are you testing your pool water in general?
How frequent?

I’ve got the Taylor K-1766 kit and it indicates similar salt values to the store tests. Currently around 2000 ppm. My display was showing 3400 when the setting was for the T 9 cell. Now it shows roughly 2600 since I changed to the T 15.

I’m testing weekly at home using both the indicator strips (terrible) and the Taylor K2006 and 1766 ktst. I’m also taking to the pool store every other week. Since I’m new to all of this I’m trying to learn as much as possible in the off-season and make sure I know how to do everything once the water warms up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.